Yearbook Cover Art Contest
10/16/2023 7:45 pm
All entries are due by Friday, November 17th, 2023
All K-5 students are invited to enter their original artwork into our 2023-2024 yearbook cover art contest!
It’s time to celebrate with your entry for this year’s Cover Art Contest. The theme this year is OSTER EVENTS. The HSC plans events to connect people in our community so draw up your favorite Oster event (Foam Party, Movie Night, Harvest Festival, Book Fair, Walk-a-Thon, theater or any other events from this year or past years) in any creative way you want.
There will be two winning designs this year. 1 from the primary grades (K-2nd) and 1 from the upper grades (3rd-5th). The primary grade winner’s artwork will be featured on the back cover and the upper grade winner’s on the front cover.
Requirements for Submission:
- Create original artwork on WHITE paper only. Artwork should be in vertical/portrait orientation on an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper. (Same orientation as this flyer)
- Artworks need to be hand drawn. Please no digital art or clipart.
- Must include the school name: Oster Elementary, and school year: 2023-2024
- Please submit your original artwork to your teacher by Friday, November 17, 2023.
- Please include full name, grade, and teacher in light pencil on the back of your artwork.
(We cannot return artwork that is not labeled.)
Tips for a Winning Entry:
- Make sure all of your text shows up clearly. Use large text for the TITLE.
- Use the entire sheet of paper – the bigger your design is, the better, but please
keep any text at least a half inch from the paper’s edge.
- Spelling counts! Especially when it comes to OSTER ELEMENTARY.
- Use bright and bold colors to fill the page, including the background.
- Use a mix of art supplies, like crayons, watercolors, markers, colored pencils, etc.
Questions? Email Sophie Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org